CBD Dosing


CBD Dosing

3 main things to consider;
  • The concentration of CBD
  • Your body chemistry
  • Your WHY - are you taking it

There isn’t a “one size fits all” dosage and there will be some trial and error while gauging your proper dosage.

Also keep in mind, one’s physiology will change while using CBD, as your receptors interact within your Endocannabinoid System this will create shifts in one’s optimal dose.

So how do I begin?


Concentration

Know the amount of CBD in your product. If your product is not disclosing this information, this is a red flag.


I always suggest starting small and increasing gradually.

You will find many saying start with body weight but I have found this to be hogwash. I believe it is more about how your Endocannabinoid system is to begin with and some are especially sensitive to it while others require much more and this doesn’t seem to have anything to do with one's size or body weight.





See, I am one of those 'sensitive types' and folks never think I weigh as much as I do. In other words, according to this reasoning, I should require more but I can receive the benefits with much less and in fact I am adverse to high doses. Hence my suggestion to begin low.

Besides why would you want to pay more for a higher dose when you can get the same effects with a much lower one?


What is low?

10-15 mg is a low dose. Start here and see if you are getting the results you like. Please take a few minutes to let it work although CBD is almost instantly noticeable. (If you are taking much higher doses and not getting any effects, you need to seek out another brand. Not all CBD is what it claims to be.)
Adding 10-15 mg is considered a gradual increase. Do this until you reach your desired effect. Remember to wait in between increasing. Also digestion takes a bit more time to notice than topical.



Topical will enter the bloodstream straight away while the digestion process can be timely. I have noticed ingesting sometimes to take an hour before I feel the effects where as topical is immediate when using it for pain, cramps, calming.

Some water solubles will be noticeably faster than tinctures - however I have only ever tried 1 water soluble that I would recommend, due to taste.



This leads us to the WHY are you taking it?





CBD oil (actually extract) also known as a tincture, is great for maintaining overall health, & especially those with dis-ease, anxiety, pain, & so much more! This is recommended more for a daily regimen.

A topical is nice for those who want something for painful moments such as menstrual cramps, fibromyalgia, arthritis, back pain, muscle soreness, calming at stressful times, ect. It is immediate and spot on.

CBD soap is excellent for skin health which also plays a role in overall health. And our Lip Balm really works best on cracked & chapped lips plus it gives me a little calming effect too.





So as you can see, it makes a difference in what you are seeking and how to apply that.

Personally I also delight in drinking it. Yes, that is correct. I like to add the frozen leaves to my smoothies and ingest the goodness for overall well being. I know this is not possible for everyone at this time but I hope to see it gain more attention in the future!


For more on why CBD Works please see my post here


Comments

Making the Biggest Signals

Trending; My 3 year stint with the keto diet, a review

Reinforcements; Plant Allies!

Shampoo, no-poo, or co-washing?!?