Oil Pulling for detox; It REALLY works!




In Ayurvedic medicine, one of the oldest whole body healing practices, oil pulling is most common.

I was introduced to this practice many years ago and to be fair, really did not give it much thought. I thought it sounded like yet another gimmick and kinda 'woo-woo'. I tried it however because although my mind can keep me 'boxed in' my actions seem to get me out.

d( ̄◇ ̄)b

However, the mid is an amazing thing.  Consequently I disliked the oil pulling experience, very much.  To sum it up, "Yuck!".  I did not like the texture, the taste and it kind of made me feel ill.

 ( ̵˃﹏˂̵ )

That was that. And quite a few years passed by until I thought about it again.

....................................................Fast forward.......................................................

This time I was older. And I had been awaking with a 'yuck' taste in my mouth. So I reconsidered the oil pulling thing again.  I reasoned that maybe this time I could handle it.  If I can put up with the texture thing I knew, logically, how good coconut oil is for you and thought, "Why not try it again?".

COCONUT OIL BENEFITS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:

Antibacterial ~ stopping the bacteria that cause gum disease, throat infections, urinary tract infections and ulcers in their tracks 
 
Anticarcinogenic ~ keeps dangerous cancer cells from spreading while boosting immunity 
 
Antifungal ~ destroys infection-promoting fungus and yeast 
 
Anti-inflammatory ~ suppresses inflammation and repairs tissue 
 
Antimicrobial ~ fights infection 
 
Antioxidant ~ protects from free radical damage 
 
Antiparasitic ~ can aid in ridding the body of tapeworms and other parasites 
 
Anti-protozoa ~ kills protozoan infection in the gut 
 
Antiviral ~ aids the body in killing dangerous viruses that cause influenza, measles, hepatitis and more


We almost always have organic virgin coconut oil and so I grabbed a large spoon and took a big ol' scoop of it and ... added peppermint essential oil, then popped it into my mouth.



~~~~~~~Swishing it around is ........not so pleasant. Especially if it is in a more solid state and then you break it down into a liquid. ......With your teeth and tongue.    ╮(☆-_ ⊙;)ゞ

But the peppermint E.O. REALLY helped.  It relaxed me, made it much more palatable and freshened my breath.  Even still, I could only hack 2 minutes before I was more than ready to spit it out.

*NOTE ~ Never spit it out in the sink. Due to it solidifying, it will clog your pipes. Trust me.
 (I am a soap maker here.)



Just spit it in the trash. It has never caused me any problems that way.

Afterwards, Ta DA!  .....I felt better!  ✧٩(•́⌄•́)൬༉
Not just having a cleaner mouth, mind you, but I felt better over all. It was weird. I couldn't explain it but it sure got me hooked right away. I mean if I felt this good after just once, why wouldn't I keep it up?

It turns out the only thing that keeps me from doing it is making the time. So some of the things I do to help is taking it as soon as I get up (best on an empty stomach and when all those bacteria are gathered together in your mouth from overnight) and doing other things while I am swishing it around.
For example, packing my husband's lunch and or making the bed, etc.
The time flies when you are concentrated on something else and I increased the amount of time I could handle it within the first week. I can go a good 20 minutes these days. But I don't think one really needs to go that long for the optimal benefits.  There are no trophies here.  (That I know of.

And in case you were wondering, my morning breath went away after the first time trying it too!  That has been about a year ago now. 

Happy camper!
Coconut oil is not the only oil one can use for oil pulling (traditionally sesame, sunflower and olive oils have also been used) but it is often the oil of choice due to the many benefits coconut oil has to offer, as stated above.

And...
  • We are all toxic to some degree, I mean our environment is not the garden of Eden, that is for sure.
  • Over time high concentrations of metals can build up in our systems. This leads to a wide variety of conditions, including, but not limited to: Anemia, Dizzniess, Fatigue, Dry Skin, Joint or Muscle aches, Loss of Appetite, Blood Pressure Issues, Nausea and even Vitamin and Mineral deficiencies. 
I'm convinced oil pulling can aid in gently detoxing the body via the mouth.

Oil pulling seems to help with 
  • strengthening of teeth, gums and jaw
  • Plaque prevention
  • Prevention of halitosis (bad breath)
  • Prevention of cavities and diseases such as gingivitis
  • Prevention of lip, mouth and throat dryness
  • Possible remedy for jaw soreness and TMJ
  • Relief of migraine headache
  • Hormone imbalance correction
  • Inflammation reduction
  • Support of normal kidney function
  • Relief from sinus congestion
  • Relief from eczema
  • Pain reduction
  • Aids in detoxification
  • May help with insomnia

So what are you waiting for?  Try it out tomorrow morning for yourself and see what all the hype is really about.  This is something easy and most of you probably already have some coconut oil hanging around.

Let me know how you liked it!   








Comments

Making the Biggest Signals

Trending; My 3 year stint with the keto diet, a review

Reinforcements; Plant Allies!

Shampoo, no-poo, or co-washing?!?